“So the next generation might know… they can set their hope anew on God.” Psalm 78:6-7
Imagine a missions field where representatives from every nation on earth are gathered to be influenced and trained as leaders of the next generation. Imagine a place that is so strategic it has been the seedbed for every philosophy that ingrained itself in the minds of the leaders of the world over the last 200 years. Imagine a place where people are questioning, searching, and pondering the purpose for their life— where in one square mile you can influence the future and change the world. You don’t have to imagine, it’s right here before us– the college campus! Our ultimate vision is to help fulfill the Great Commission by reaching the world studying at American universities.
Historically, the Midwest has been known as the breadbasket of America, a fertile place where crops grow. These crops not only feed America, but other parts of the world as well. Our faith is that God will use our humble efforts in the same way– that Called to Greatness would have an impact not only in our region, but also in reaching the nations for Christ.
Why Reach Students?
The future leaders of our society pass through our schools and universities. By reaching them now, we are influencing the future of our nation.
Over 90% of all people who become Christians do so before the age of 25.
Historically, most major revivals and world mission movements have been started by young people.
More than 520,000 international students from over 150 nations (of which many are closed to the Gospel) are presently attending American colleges and universities. By reaching them we can reach the nations with the Gospel.
What We Believe
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one eternal, almighty and perfect God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.