WHO WE ARE
Called to Greatness is a ministry committed to equipping the future leaders of our societies – students. By reaching these students now, we can train and empower the next generation to love God and serve Him. We believe God has called us to live a life of greatness and we define greatness as the full expression of being the person He created you to be.
We work together as a community to help young men and women discover their calling through encouragement, fellowship, and discipleship. We focus our ministry on youth, college students and athletics. We’d love for you to join us in your area at one of our weekly gatherings or events.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one eternal, almighty and perfect God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Imagine a missions field where representatives from every nation on earth are gathered to be influenced and trained as leaders of the next generation. Imagine a place that is so strategic it has been the seedbed for every philosophy that ingrained itself in the minds of the leaders of the world over the last 200 years. Imagine a place where people are questioning, searching, and pondering the purpose for their life— wherein one square mile you can influence the future and change the world. Imagine no more. Such a place exists right here before us – the college campus. Our ultimate vision is to help fulfill the Great Commission by reaching the world studying at American universities.
Historically, the Midwest has been known as the breadbasket of America, a fertile place where crops grow. These crops not only feed America, but other parts of the world as well. Our faith is that God will use our humble efforts in the same way– that Called to Greatness would have an impact not only in our region, but also in reaching the nations for Christ.
The work of Called to Greatness relies heavily on the relationship with the local church. We believe that a partnership with local church communities is necessary for young people to flourish. Together, with support and equipping from the local church, we make disciples who make disciples – furthering Jesus’ Great Commission here on earth.
Our mission is to help students discover, build, and start living a life of greatness. We desire to walk alongside students as they discover God’s plan and purpose for their lives. We hope to train young people to see that their faith is not limited to their own “personal walk with Jesus,” but that Jesus Christ wants to influence and reign over every area of life.
All of life is spiritual – including our interests, relationships, talents and career. We want to help students develop in all areas of life so they might glorify God and advance His kingdom through their lives. We don’t believe going to church, praying, or being in the mission field is “more spiritual” than becoming an engineer, artist, teacher, or business leader. We want all of God’s people to know how they can serve him in the field in which God has called them to serve and live.
letter to Parents
Parents, it’s hard to know what’s out there on a college campus. We’d like to do whatever we can to reassure you. Please take the time to read the following letter from Rich Lorenzo, President of Called to Greatness, and let us know if there’s anything more we can do to help your son or daughter.
It is our pleasure to have your son or daughter involved with Called to Greatness (CTG) campus ministries. We know that excitement and anxiety seem to merge simultaneously as you launch your kids into this new phase of life. Our ministry hopes that your child will be welcomed into a relational environment where they can cultivate community, build lifelong friendships and find wise and caring mentors.
We have found that young people have hope, idealism and ambition, but they wonder if they will ever figure it all out, whether their life will count or if they have what it takes to make it in this world. Like you, I want my children to succeed in every area of life. We believe God wants that for your child as well. At CTG, we work to introduce students to God’s great plan and equip them to creatively address problems not only in college, but life. Additionally, we give them a more complete worldview that includes a God who loves them, created them, and has a plan for them. You see, we believe God has a unique calling for every person. A great calling! Further, we teach young people how to think through complicated social issues, communicate better, manage conflict and do relationships well.
CTG is a church-based campus ministry officially recognized on six university campuses in the Midwest. We have campus missionaries reaching and training young people from the U.S. and all over the world at the University of Kansas, Kansas State University, University of Missouri Kansas City, Baker University, and Washburn University.
Our goal is to:
Serve young people by helping them discover their Creator, teach them to build their faith and cheer them on as they live lives of greatness!
What does that look like on the campus?
- Large groups events that provide lively praise, practical Biblical teaching and encouraging fellowship.
- Small group Bible studies
- One-on-one time with students doing life together
- Retreats, conferences and fun times where students grow their faith and build lasting memories.
- We strongly encourage students to worship at the local church that we partner with in each community. We believe that young people benefit from being involved with a local body of believers.
Thank you again for the privilege of working with your child. Please feel free to reach out with any questions you might have.
God bless you,